DataHub IoT Gateway
Connect to Azure, Google, Amazon, and any standard MQTT broker
The DataHub® IoT Gateway™ streams real-time OPC UA and OPC DA industrial data directly into Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), device clouds, and Big Data analytics platforms.
What it does
- Connects OPC UA and OPC DA (Classic) clients and servers to any MQTT Broker, including Azure, Google and Amazon IoT
- Supports publish and subscribe
- Offers customizable JSON data format to support most MQTT applications
- Supports Transport Layer Security (TLS), certificate-based authentication, username/password authentication, Last Will and Testament, and Quality of Service message delivery
- Supports MQTT Version 3.1.1, including publish and subscription methods
- Supports self-signed certificates from AWS IoT, enabling direct connection without a third-party intermediary
- No point count restrictions
- Includes both client and server interface for both UA and DA
- Maintains the OPC UA data model, while other gateways flatten it
- Automatic OPC ↔ MQTT protocol conversion built-in.
- Automatically discovers all the points from the server
- Eliminates cache latency and stale data, so you always know the data quality and have the most current value
- Multi-threaded interface means that a slow or non-responsive server will not slow down other connections
One key advantage of using the DataHub IoT Gateway is that the data model stays intact, unlike other gateway solutions. The full data hierarchy from the OPC UA server gets faithfully represented in the OPC DA client or MQTT broker.
- MQTT Client – connect to any MQTT Broker
- OPC DA Support – connect to OPC DA servers and clients.
- OPC UA Support – connect to OPC UA servers and clients.
- Data aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Popular add-on features
- MQTT broker – In-house IoT Hub
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
- Database write – write data to any ODBC database.
- Database read – read data from any ODBC database.
Other add-on features for the DataHub OPC Gateway include DDE/Excel support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, data historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, data redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and camera to stream live video or images of your system.