DataHub OPC Gateway
OPC UA/DA conversion
What it does
- Connects OPC UA systems to OPC DA (Classic) systems.
- Enables OPC DA clients to read from OPC UA servers.
- Enables OPC UA clients to read from OPC DA servers.
- Better, more flexible OPC UA tunnelling client.
- Includes both client and server interface for both UA and DA.
- Maintains the OPC UA data model, while other gateways flatten it.
- Automatic OPC DA ↔ UA and UA ↔ DA protocol conversions built-in.
- Automatically discovers all the points from the server.
- Eliminates cache latency and stale data, so you always know the data quality and have the most current value
- Multi-threaded interface means that a slow or non-responsive server will not slow down other connections
One key advantage of using the DataHub OPC Gateway is that the data model stays intact, unlike other UA/DA gateways. The full data hierarchy from the OPC UA server gets faithfully represented in the OPC DA client.
Conveniently, the DataHub OPC Gateway can replace the client side of any OPC UA-based tunnelling solution. Doing so gives you convenient configuration options and a better replica of the original OPC DA server’s data hierarchy.
- You don’t have to select all the points you want to read from the server, let the DataHub browse the whole data set.
- This is more robust if the data set changes on the next run, the DataHub will figure it out.
- OPC DA Support – connect to OPC DA servers and clients.
- OPC UA Support – connect to OPC UA servers and clients.
- Data aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Popular add-on features
- Tunnel/Mirror – secure networking of OPC data without DCOM problems.
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
- Database write – write data to any ODBC database.
- Database read – read data from any ODBC database.
Other add-on features for the DataHub OPC Gateway include DDE/Excel support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, data historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, data redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and camera to stream live video or images of your system.