DataHub Modbus Tunneller
Tunnel data from Modbus TCP devices across a network
The DataHub Modbus Tunneller™ connects to any number of different Modbus TCP slave devices and allows you to easily share that data with other DataHubs across a network or Internet connection. A common use for the Modbus Tunneller is to share data between Modbus devices in one location with OPC/DDE or ODBC (database) clients in other locations, without having to deal with DCOM or Windows security permissions.
- Eliminate the need for an OPC Server to collect the Modbus data. The DataHub Modbus Tunneller includes the Modbus TCP interface needed to collect your data. You can then tunnel the data without having to convert it into OPC. This saves time and money as you don’t need to purchase an OPC Server to read from the Modbus devices.
- Reduces communication complexities by reading the data into the DataHub and then tunnelling it to other DataHub instances. No need to perform protocol conversion until you connect to the client program on the other end of the tunnel.
- Supports SSL encryption for better security.
- Connects directly to Skkynet’s SkkyHub service for networking plant data between remote locations.
- Easy configuration through manual point-and-click or XML file import.
- Supports asynchronous socket multiplexing in Modbus TCP to share one TCP connection with multiple Modbus devices. This eliminates cross coupling between client timeouts and provides client timing independence.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
- Tunnel/Mirror – secure networking of Modbus data, using DHTP.
- Data Aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Popular add-on features
- Database Write – write data to any ODBC database.
- Database Read – read data from any ODBC database.
- OPC DA or OPC UA support – connect to OPC DA or UA servers and clients.
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data Bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
Other add-on features for the DataHub Modbus Tunneller include DDE/Excel support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, email/SMS notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, data historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, data redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and camera to stream live video or images of your system.