DataHub OPC Logger
Connect to any database
Write data from the DataHub® into any ODBC compliant database, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, OSIsoft PI, Oracle, and many more. You can use your existing tables, or create new ones fully customized to meet your needs. Use the DataHub OPC Logger to query the database to read production schedules, recipes and process setpoints from company databases straight into your OPC servers and client applications.
What it does
- Logs OPC UA or OPC DA (Classic) data to any database.
- Stores data during network failures, and forwards it to the database in time-sequential order when reconnected.
- Writes from the database back to the OPC server, to change set points, send recipes, etc.
- Starts and stops logging or queries using fully customizable trigger events and conditions
- Automatic OPC ↔ ODBC protocol conversion built-in.
- Connect to any ODBC database (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Pi, etc.).
- Connect to any existing table in the database, or create a new table within the database.
- Easy to use graphical configuration and sophisticated scripting language for complex operations.
The built-in Store and Forward feature ensures that your data gets logged even during bursts of activity or network breaks. Fully customizable conditional triggering lets you log the data you need based on a tag change or a timer. Get started quickly with the convenient user interface, or customize the data logging to match your specific requirements with the DataHub’s powerful Scripting language.
- OPC DA or OPC UA Support – connect to OPC DA or UA servers and clients.
- Database Write – write data to any ODBC database, with Store and Forward ability.
- Database Read – read data from any ODBC database.
- Protocol Conversion for OPC ↔ ODBC is built-in and automatic .
- Data Aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
- Tunnel/Mirror – secure networking of OPC data without DCOM problems.
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data Bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
Other add-on features for the DataHub OPC Logger include DDE/Excel Support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS Notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, Data Historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, Data Redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and Camera to stream live video or images of your system.