DataHub Modbus Logger
Read and write Modbus data to any database
Write Modbus device data into any ODBC compliant database, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, OSIsoft PI, Oracle, and many more. You can use your existing tables, or create new ones fully customized to meet your needs. With the DataHub Modbus Logger you can query the database to read production schedules, recipes and process setpoints from company databases straight into your Modbus TCP slave devices.
The built-in Store and Forward feature ensures that your data gets logged even during bursts of activity or network breaks. Fully customizable conditional triggering lets you log the data you need based on a tag change or a timer. Get started quickly with the convenient user interface, or customize the data logging to match your specific requirements with the DataHub’s powerful Scripting language.
Also included is the QuickTrend™ display that lets you closely monitor all data points in real time. And you can add power and value to your DataHub Modbus Logger as needed by simply activating additional DataHub Features.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
- Database Write – write data to any ODBC database.
- Database Read – read data from any ODBC database.
- Protocol Conversion for Modbus ↔ ODBC is built-in and automatic .
- Data Aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Popular add-on features
- Data Bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Tunnel/Mirror – secure networking of Modbus data.
- OPC DA or OPC UA Support – connect to OPC DA or UA servers and clients.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
Other add-on features for the DataHub Modbus Logger include DDE/Excel Support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS Notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, Data Historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, Data Redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and Camera to stream live video or images of your system.