Maintenance Support Plan
Our Maintenance Support Plan (or “Support Plan”) offers you, the customer, peace of mind that all of your technical support questions will be answered on a priority basis. You can also be assured that you will receive free upgrades to all new versions of the software released during the term of the Support Plan.
The Support Plan is offered as an annual subscription* based package to customers purchasing DataHub®, VINE™ and related products either directly from Cogent, indirectly from Skkynet Inc. or Skkynet Corp. (collectively, “Skkynet”), or through one of Cogent’s authorized local sales partners.
Support Plan Details
The Maintenance Support Plan provides the customer with the following:
- Priority technical support by email or phone for installation and system configuration.
- Free upgrade licenses to enable the equivalent features in any new version of the software released while you are on the support plan.
- If you choose not to upgrade to the new version, you will continue to receive priority. technical support, until such time as Cogent discontinues support for that version of the product.
- Special arrangements to provide technical support for discontinued products may be arranged on a case by case basis.
The Maintenance Support Plan does not cover the following:
- Development of custom DataHub® scripts, WebView™ pages, ASP, AJAX or Java applets.
- Debugging of scripts, Microsoft Excel macros or other customer applications.
- Consulting services for systems design and project planning.
- On-site technical support.
Support Plan renewal fees*
- The Support Plan fee is 20% of the base price of the software licenses you have purchased, calculated on an annual basis.
- The start date for the Support Plan is the date of your first license purchase.
- The renewal date for the Support Plan is 12 months after the start date and the plan is renewed annually on the same day each year.
- An annual renewal fee is calculated at 20% of the current base price of the software licenses you have purchased.
- Renewal notices will be sent to you approximately 30 days before the renewal date.
Renewing support after the Support Plan expiry
- If you wish to renew support for licenses that are no longer on support, you can do so by paying any past due support payment plus a reinstatement fee. For more details, please contact Cogent or a local sales partner.
Other terms and conditions
- No refunds will be given to customers who choose to cancel the Support Plan before the renewal date.
Future changes to the Maintenance Support Plan
- Cogent reserves the right to make changes to the Maintenance Support Plan at any time. For existing customers, any changes will come into effect as of the next renewal date.
* Not applicable to monthly subscriptions to Skkynet Products, which include the Support Plan at no additional cost.