DataHub DA Tunneller
Reliable networking of OPC servers / clients without DCOM
Do you need to collect OPC data from multiple remote locations, or connect to OPC DA servers on a different network? Now you can, easily and securely, without the hassles of DCOM, using the DataHub DA Tunneller.
Detect network breaks in milliseconds, and recover from them smoothly, without breaking the OPC client connection. Tunnel through proxy servers and DMZs, eliminating IT challenges. Reduce network bandwidth and licensing costs using a single tunnel connection to connect multiple OPC servers and clients.
What it does
- Connects OPC Classic DA servers and DA clients over a network.
- Eliminates DCOM problems.
- More robust and secure than DCOM.
- Allows you to define the data authority for the connection path.
- Allows you to configure all access to remote data as read only.
- Connects to SkkyHub service and embedded devices.
- Eliminates VPNs.
- Eliminates inbound firewall ports into operations networks.
- Never blocks OPC or drops the local OPC connection.
- Quickly reconnects after network failures.
- Aggregates data from multiple OPC servers.
- Works through proxy servers.
- Multiple connections can share one tunnel to reduce network loads.
- OPC DA Support – connect to OPC DA servers and clients.
- Data Aggregation – merge data from multiple sources into a common data set.
- Tunnel/Mirror – secure networking of OPC data without DCOM problems, using DHTP.
- Secure Remote Configuration Tool – Configure a network of DataHub installations from a single location.
- QuickTrend – view live, real-time trends for selected data.
- Scripting – program custom solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Security – control access and set permissions for users and groups.
Popular add-on features
- WebView – build and display private cloud-based web pages.
- Data Bridging – connect two or more data sources to share data in real time.
- OPC UA support – connect to OPC UA servers and clients.
- OPC A&E – connect to OPC A&E servers and clients.
- Modbus – connect to Modbus TCP slave devices.
- Database Write – write data to any ODBC database.
- Database Read – read data from any ODBC database.
Other add-on features for the DataHub DA Tunneller include DDE/Excel Support for connecting to Excel spreadsheets and other DDE servers, Email/SMS Notification to receive an email or SMS message based on data changes, Data Historian to store and retrieve large volumes of data at high speeds, Data Redundancy to do hot standby switching between identical data sources, and Camera to stream live video or images of your system.
“For us, this OPC tunnel is very good, because we only need to open one port, and we are secure from DCOM break-ins. We are considering installing this same solution in our top plants.”
Michele Mannucci, Project Engineer, ABB Energy Automation, Italy